Brad owns a sportswear store in Miami. He has over a hundred different products such as t-shirts, jackets, pants, gloves, socks, goggles, sippers, hairbands, etc. for men, women, and children. Brad’s store stocks both summer and winter sportswear and sells products of eight different brands. He sells on four online channels and also at his store in Miami. He manages his large inventory and sales channels with a staff of just five people as he has smartly automated processes with Akeneo PIM.
Product information management or PIM as it is commonly called is a comprehensive modular software that handles all the data about your products. This information may be in the form of text, audio, video, images, and other formats. A PIM software is useful when you are selling a variety of different products on a host of sales channels. It is perfect when you need to deliver an omnichannel experience to your customers and work with a lean team.
Here are the top 10 benefits of a PIM software
1. Store all your product data in a single, easily accessible repository – this data will include the names of all the products, their titles, their universal product code, and their stock keeping unit.
2. You also have the option to store the details of your inventory by taxonomy – by categories, labels, and variations.
3. Also maintain tech specs – such as details related to the measurement of a product, details of the materials used, ingredients, and warranties of the products.
4. When it’s time to market your products, your PIM will offer you images, audio and video files, word documents, brochures, and a host of other content you may have stored.
5. Also, access marketing data – for instance, create consumer personas, SEO elements, and keywords that can be leveraged as part of your marketing effort.
6. A PIM also maintains sales information – on pricing, customer testimonials, and customer reviews.
7. You can also manage channel-specific information – such as the number of pieces you have made available on a particular online channel, price, and description, the discount offered, etc.
8. Localize information – in case you have brochures or marketing information in multiple languages, these can be easily stored and accessed too.
9. Your product information management software can be your single repository to store specs related to the design of all your products – such as dimensions, length, breadth, height, details related to the assembling of the product, etc. All this information may be needed to support your customers or when your personnel need to assemble the product.
10. When you sell an array of products, you automatically have many manufacturers and suppliers to manage. Your PIM can store their details, certifications, etc, and ensure your interactions with them are smooth and effortless.
Are you looking to install product information management software? Navabrind IT Solutions specialized in implementing, customizing, integrating, and maintaining Akeneo PIM. Reach us if you have queries or to start a conversation.