As businesses grow or increasingly transition to mobile and the cloud, they find that certain applications require a level of customization to meet the exact needs of their company. Bespoke application development can be a complex task if you or the development agency you are working with do not understand the platform, software, or hosting application well. Errors in coding can have long-term consequences, in that, they can leave your application unstable or vulnerable. So, identify the right software platform, and agency is key.
Here is what you need to look for when you are searching for the right custom application development company
1. Discuss the code with your agency. Read and understand as much as possible your requirement so that you can have a knowledgeable discussion with the agency, on your needs. Stress on your requirement for lean code. Ensure the agency is stringent about security not just when developing your apps but also on processes. So that your app is being developed in a secure environment.
2. If you already know to code and have begun developing your custom app, you could just look to hire a developer for a fixed assignment. This ensures you keep costs down. This arrangement would work if it’s small customization and you are able to guide the developer
3. Check the company’s portfolio to understand the quality of the work they deliver. You can also inquire about specific aspects of the development work done. This should enable you to check if the agency has done similar work that you require of them
4. Understand the agency’s systems and processes to ensure they will efficiently deliver on your requirement. Ask for execution plans from earlier projects. This should enable you to determine whether the agency will deliver to your timelines
5. Ask for referrals. If an agency has other clients who can vouch for them that would be a huge benefit.
6. Clarify on post-development support, especially if the customization is technical. You should be able to go back to the agency to scale the application or for further customization. If your application is large enough to warrant regular maintenance, the agency should be able to support you for a few months
7. You would want to keep your costs down, so get a few quotes and compare prices. Have a conversation about what the agency is charging you for and why.
India has a large number of custom application development companies; many are really good at what they do. Quite a few have years of experience to back them up. Navabrind IT Solutions has been developing custom apps for over a decade, predominantly in the area of e-commerce. We have a 40-member developer team and are located in Bangalore and Chennai in India. We have expertise in developing apps for retail, healthcare, engineering, automotive, logistics, and other industries. We offer end-to-end support from consultancy to providing you just developers for your project. Reach us to start a conversation.